When we remember the Mother's Day of COVID-19, perhaps moms can smile and reply, "I felt so loved and celebrated that for a moment, I forgot we were sheltering in place". Make this quarantine Mother's Day one that is fabulous for the books by celebrating the Mom in your life like the Queen she is. There are a hundred ways you can express your love and gratitude. Here are a few things to add to that list.
1. If Mom enjoys fresh flowers, order early from Lucky Flowers. They offer no contact porch deliveries, no contact pick up and shipping.
TIP: Start the Mother's Day celebration a day early and have the kids pick flowers and small branches from the yard to make a custom arrangement for mom's desk. Use a vase or recycled jar to hold the flowers. Then the next day have Lucky Flowers deliver an arrangement to the porch. Mom gets two sets of flowers to enjoy.
2. Leave the cooking to the pros. Check out the Mother's Day meal options from Castle Event Catering. The Brunch and the BBQ Bundles serve 4 and include dessert by Layered Cake Artistry. You can even add a bottle of Frichette Wine to your order.
TIP: Enjoy the live music at pick up at Castle Event Catering on Mother's Day.
3. That chore that mom hates, take it off her list to do for the week. Yes, you read that right, the whole week. Have the kids pitch in to help. She'll love having the extra time to focus on her.
TIP: If she enjoys tea, reading, or (fill in the blank), encourage her to do that favorite thing while the chore is being done. #Selfcare is a real thing and what a gift to encourage mom to do so in this celebration of her.
4. If you want to give a gift, think of something mom loves. Donuts, perfume, scarves, wine, manicures, hair treatments, etc. and purchase the item or gift card from a local small business. Not only will you give a gift mom is guaranteed to love, but you'll also show mom that your purchases helped a favorite local business survive this pandemic.
TIP: If you are not sure what mom likes, look around the house to see what she holds on to or values. It's probably something that costs little to nothing and the fact that you noticed will mean the world.
5. What mom values the most is what made her a mom, her family. Give her a gift card for a family photo session with Breshears Professional Photography so that she can redeem it soon.
TIP: Spend the evening huddled as a family enjoying old family photos and sharing memories.
Mother's Day is Sunday, May 10th. Let's fill this one with special memories and not allow COVID-19 to take over the day we celebrate mom.